Thomas J. Kennon, III Shareholder
Email Thomas J. Kennon, III
Thomas “Todd” J. Kennon, III, has been practicing law in Lake City, Florida, and the Third Judicial Circuit since 1990. His area of practice focuses on family law, which includes divorce, child support, child custody, and dependency cases. Mr. Kennon also handles cases in the areas of criminal defense and contract litigation. In addition to the above practices, Mr. Kennon is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Family Law Mediator, mediating a family law case almost every week. He is available to mediate family law for those parties represented by attorneys and those parties who want to attempt to resolve their divorce without hiring an attorney.
Mr. Kennon was born in Live Oak, Florida. After high school, he attended Lake City Community College and later the University of Florida, where he received his Bachelor of Arts in 1987. He then attended the University of Florida, College of Law and received his Juris Doctorate, with Honors in 1989.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Kennon has been involved in the community. He has served on the Board of Directors for both the CARC and the Columbia County Senior Services. Mr. Kennon is past-President of the local National Wild Turkey Federation and a member of the Live Oak Rotary Club.
Education and Practice Experience:
- Lake City Community College; Lake City, Florida, 1985
- University of Florida; Gainesville, Florida, Bachelor of Arts, 1987
- University of Florida College of Law; Gainesville, Florida; Juris Doctorate with Honors awarded 1989
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida Bar 1990 – Present
Professional and Civic Activities:
- CARC, Board of Directors
- Columbia County Senior Services, Board of Directors
- National Wild Turkey Federation, President; 1990 – 2010
- Rotary Club
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Board of Governors; 1992 – 1997
- Columbia County Bar Association President; 1993 – 1994