Bruce W. Robinson Shareholder
Bruce W. Robinson is the President of Robinson, Kennon & Kendron, P.A., and was admitted to the Florida Bar in 1972. He has practiced throughout North Central Florida since that time. Mr. Robinson is a 1971 graduate of the University of Florida Law School with Honors, and a graduate of Florida State University in 1966 with degrees in history and political science. Mr. Robinson is a board-certified, civil trial lawyer and has been since the first exam was given in 1983, and has, in fact, served five (5) years on the Civil Trial Certification Committee. He served as a member of the Board of Governors for the Florida Bar for six (6) years, and has served on the Florida Bar Code and Rules of Evidence Committee, Civil Rules of Procedure Committee and Law School Education and Admissions Committee. Mr. Robinson is an experienced trial lawyer and is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. He is also a member of the Defense Research Institute and the Association of Defense Trial Lawyers. His work involves litigation in personal injury cases for both Plaintiffs and Defendants as well as commercial cases.
Mr. Robinson has been active and supportive of his community, serving as President of the Chamber of Commerce for Lake City and Columbia County, Florida, and has been active in his church and other activities in his local community. Mr. Robinson, while experienced, cares greatly that his clients are treated and cared for to the best of his ability and works, as do the other lawyers in the firm, diligently to achieve the firm’s clients’ best interests. In personal injury cases, clients of Robinson, Kennon & Kendron, P.A., pay no attorneys’ fees or costs unless there is a monetary recovery for the clients.
Education and Practice Experience:
- Florida State University; Tallahassee, Florida; Bachelor of Arts Political Science and History 1966.
- University of Florida, College of Law; Gainesville, Florida; Juris Doctorate with Honors awarded 1971.
Bar and Court Admissions:
- Florida Bar 1972 – Present
Professional and Civic Activities:
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors, 1978-1979
- Florida Bar Board of Governors, 1994-2000
- Florid Bar Committee Member:
- Civil Trial Certification Committee
- Civil Procedure Rules Committee
- Code & Rules of Evidence Committee
- Student Education and Admissions Committee
- Omicron Delta Kappa
- Gold Key
- Columbia County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors, 1974-1977; 2005 to present
- Columbia County Chamber of Commerce, President, 1978
- United States Marine Corps Reserve, Captain, 1966-1969
- Navy Achievement Medal with Combat V
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President (North Florida Chapter), 2006
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- American Inns of Court
- Vestry of St. James Episcopal Church and former Senior Warden